Catering Coordinator Job In The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
As the local, on property sales contact for customers, the Sales Executive is responsible for proactively soliciting and handling all revenue-related opportunities within the Corporate/Business Travel segment (group, catering, transient). Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in timely fashion for proper service delivery. Ensures compliance with Ritz-Carlton Operating Standards to maintain brand integrity.
- Provide administrative support for the Conference Services Manager, Director of Conference Services and Director of Catering and Conference Services
- Filing system must be accessible and accurate at all times.
- To have a tracing system for follow-up work by the sales personnel you are assigned to.
- Department’s policies and procedures, training and development manuals, and relevant conference services reports.
- Accessible library of computer diskettes, CD-ROMs, and other electronic devices, and operational readiness of all computers within the department.
- Minute meetings, transcribe and distribute to all relevant parties.
- Retrieve and deliver departmental mail.
- Highest level of phone responsiveness within the department. Phone coverage must be available from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
- Assist in the preparation of the hotel’s month – end report and annual budget.
- Participate in daily Sales Line-up, monthly Conference Services Meeting, every 2 months Sales & Marketing division meeting, and other business related meetings and functions.
- Availability and storage of meeting/events- related collateral.
- Supply of stationary and administration-related material to support day-to-day conference services and event operations must be available at all times.
- Assist in preparation of Contract rate agreements and group contracts.
- Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and revenue for his/her groups prior to the turnover and continues to be a part for this process after the turnover.
- Creates sales contracts as required.
- Comprehends budgets as needed to assist in the financial management of department. Understands the impact of department’s role in the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Managing Work Execution
- Must have a minimum of 1 year progressive administrative or customer contact position
- Experience with Reservations or Front Office desirable
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedure
- Full Comprehension of the reservation sales process for The Ritz-Carlton
- Ability to maintain positive and engaging relations with all inquiries
- Organized and focused in high stress situations
- Proficiency in MS Applications, Sales & Catering Opera
- Fluency in English language – both written and spoken
- Ability to overcome objections and ability to up-sell
- Ability to multi task and take on cross functional tasks when required
- Attention to details
- Ability to direct and supervise others
- Ability to train and develop others
- Great communication skills